CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

NSV

Today while at the grocery store I politely pointed out that the cashier put the zucchini through as cucumbers, which they are not, and the zucchini were cheaper. The cashier pretty well treated me like I had grown a third eyeball for pointing this out and put on a big performance. Which made me upset because the cashier was wrong not me. On the way home the traffic was ridiculous too, which did nothing to perk me up and while I was waiting at the last stop light I had decided that I was going to make myself feel better by having pepsi when I got home. Good thing I had a couple blocks to drive before I got home because I was able to rationalize with myself that pepsi wasn't going to make me feel better. Thus my NSV.

But then I started thinking, I wanted to eat because I was angry but what caused me to get angry? I need to deal with the source of the emotion, not eat my way through it. This may sound cliche, but I realized that I can't let others actions and opinions of me have that type of value in my life. I need to appreciate myself and continue to work at my self-esteem. I have been noticing that I have been letting some of my old self conscious behaviors creep into my life. It's not an enjoyable way to go about life. I am the one that can change this and I will.

That's all I have to ramble about today, have a good one!

0 comments: